Cyberbullying can take many forms, including:
- Someone making fun of or pressuring someone else repeatedly
- Comments, memes, private messages, or chatting
- The person being bullied not knowing everyone who's doing the bullying (as people can hide their identity online)
- A group of people ganging up on someone
Here are some ways that cyberbullying can be addressed:
- Defending or supporting the person being bullied
- Telling a trusted adult
- Addressing it directly with the bully
Doing any of these things makes you an upstander. An upstander is a person who supports and stands up for someone else.
- Why do we need superheroes such as Super Digital Citizen?
- Can you remember what Super Digital Citizen says his job is? (Hint: He tells us, “I make sure kids are S_______ , R_______ , and R_______ !”)
- In the video, Guts starts to make a few digital “mistakes” -- and then he corrects them, and Super Digital Citizen gives him a nod of approval. Can you remember any of Guts’ mistakes and what he does to fix them?
- Guts writes to his friend, “Hey, Heart, Great pic! Can I share it with others?” Why is it important to check with others before sharing their pictures online?
- What are some examples of times when you’ve been a good digital citizen? Are there any ways you could be an even better Super Digital Citizen?